Over the next couple of blogs I will be covering the most common temperature logger mistakes and, where possible, how to avoid them.
Common temperature logger mistakes: Not turned on
There are two main causes for this.
- Getting a new unit and placing it straight in a fridge without starting it
- Stopping it to retrieve results, and not restarting it
The problem is quite simple – the unit is off and has no idea what was happening. Sorry.
This problem tends to lead to some awkward follow-on questions like
- “How to I retrieve the readings then?” (You can’t)
- “So how can I get the results?” (You can’t)
- “Is there anything I can do to get the results?” (No)
Ways to avoid the problem include:
- Don’t stop the logger when retrieving results. Ensure that “rollover” has been enabled.
- Use a logger like the Logtag that has the flashing red/green LEDs to indicate that it has started.
- Train staff.
And this is our most commonly reported mistake.
And in my next post I discuss the most common mistake that is rarely mentioned to us.